Draw This in Your Style

by - December 29, 2018

One day, I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw few artists started to post their drawing of another artists' character. However, since I was busy with my own 30 drawing challenge, I did not really pay attention on it until I realised it was actually a new challenge event.


The idea is to redraw other artists' character in your own style. It does not have to be exactly the same in expression or pose but it still has to look obvious that you are drawing that certain character. This event quickly became popular and I just cannot missed it as more and more beautiful characters are being shared. When else will I have the chance to draw other artists' character without the fear of being stamped as copycat! But other than that, I thought this challenge is very good at pushing me to attempt drawing those characters I would not dare to draw otherwise, such as curly hair, darker skin or colourful hair.



As a contribution, I did shared my own character to be redraw by my IG followers or other people.


These are some of my favourite characters to redraw. For more redraw illustrations, you can head over to my Instagram here.



Characters I redraw in the photos above were by lovesoup, procrastiartist, mia.minerva, thiswhimsyme, lanajay_art, feefal, lealalicorne, jessbernadetteart, luceferous, mrserable.

Art Supplies I used during this challenge:
- Sakura Koi watercolor
- Bockingford Traditional Watercolor paper (cold press)
- Pigma Micron pen


You May Also Like

0 comments