May 2016 Monthly Favourite

by - July 06, 2018

Journaling for this month because this is the month where my illustration journey started. I finally got my first watercolour set.  I had been thinking of getting one since I discovered Iraville's instagram. Her watercolour illustrations are so beautiful and it was really fun to watch her timelapse video on how she used her watercolour. This was the month when I invested a lot of money to bought all the watercolour supplies I needed.

Also, noticed the little birthday cake on the word May. That is because May is my birth month. It is always my most favourite month, well, because it's my birthday. 


From left to right, top to bottom:

1. Sakura Koi Watercolor Field set | This was a birthday present from the boyfriend. I decided to went for this brand because I have read many good reviews on this. Apparently, it is a good brand to start with if you are a beginner. I also like the idea that it can be used as watercolour or gouache depending on the water level. And it's just good because it's travel compact. The watercolour set comes with a water brush that can be sealed with water inside so you do not have to go through the hassle of bringing water when you decided to paint outside.

2. Victoria Secret "Very Sexy" | Another birthday present - this was from my cousins. To be very honest, I wasn't a fan of perfume because of the strong scent but this perfume is fine. And the scent makes me feel like a grown up woman (ha ha).

3. Belgian Chocolate | Birthday present from my close colleague

4. "Dog" Food at Betty's Midwest Kitchen, Malaysia | This is a very unique name for a food. But it was pretty delicious and addicting.

5. Tumblr | I'm finally reopen my tumblr. Although it's no longer at xiaoxiaovie.tumblr.com as per the journal, I have changed it to itsvivieri.tumblr.com

6. Snowflake | I love this dessert ice cream A LOT!

7. Bockingford Traditional Watercolor Paper | This was the first watercolour paper that I used and I'm still using it until now! That really said a lot about how small my illustrations are.

8. Fabriano Drawing Book | I bought this book thinking it will be suitable for watercolour drawing because of the thick paper (talk about newbie mistakes!). Although it did handle water quite well, but the water will not behave as how it will in an actual watercolour paper. Overall, I still really love this drawing book. I may repurchase it in the future for sketching instead.

9. Captain America | Why are the Chris so handsome? (just let me swoon here!)

Art Supplies
- Fabriano Sketchbook
- Sakura Koi Watercolor Pocket Field Sketch Box
- Sakura Koi Waterbrush


You May Also Like

0 comments