March 2018 Monthly Favourite

by - October 20, 2018


Ever since I started to take my illustration more seriously and consistently, I started to spent much more money investing on it. Art is an expensive hobby for me. There are many times I thought of giving up on this dream of being a full time artist but I know my heart will not let go. Ko-Fi is a platform where people can support creator/artist/musician/etc. by buying them a coffee as low as $3. I registered on Ko-fi website without much expectation, however if you decided to support me there, I would be really grateful. With your support, I would love to buy a new art supply to try on. For more than 2 years, I have only been using watercolour but I would really love to try my hand on gouache. You can find my Ko-fi account here. If you cannot support me, that is totally fine too. :)


I bought 2 items this month and feel pretty much broke. The first one is the Pentel Pocket Brush pen. I have seen so many artists on Instagram using this brush, especially Heikala (and I totally fall in love with the way she outlined! Definitely have to check out her tutorial videos) and thought I should definitely check it out. Problem is it is a damn expensive for a brush pen. After thinking over it for few months, I finally bought it. I haven't try it yet because.. well, I always have this kind of thought that expensive things are meant to be used only in special occasions. So. Anyway, I will make sure to put in some review in the future.


The second item is Adonit Pro 3. I decided to buy this stylus after feeling sad of not being able to buy the new iPad Pro with stylus and pretty much regret it the moment I brought it home (talked about bad decision when you are feeling emotional). I had actually read so much articles and blog reviews on which styluses worked the best on iPad Air 2. However, in the end I went for this Adonit Pro 3 because I just cannot find the other series that were recommended in the articles. Anyway, the stylus itself was actually working fine if you are looking for a casual usage or if you are not using iPad Air 2. However, it is quite a struggle to use for drawing which is why I would not really recommend this series for drawing purposes.

Art Supplies
- Muji Note A5 (Bullet paper)
- Buncho Fine Tech 0.3 Black Pen
- Sakura Koi Watercolor



You May Also Like

0 comments